Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Human, the Killers always kill me.


Another album , another killer song from The Killers, Human was released as the first single from the band's third studio album Day & Age.








Leaked on2 YouTube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6r4KT8-VX0) on September 21, 2008, a day before it was scheduled to be played for the first time on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio, Human started receiving airplay on September 22, 2008, with a digital release on September 30, 2008.
The song is a mark of a return to Flower`s New Wave roots and is extremely dance-able, which will just add some more new fans and make it to mainstream charts.



Well talking about charts( which matters none whatsoever 2me at all) and like i said, it became the third killers' number to enter the top 5 of the UK singles chart, (peaking at #3).The song was released on a 7-inch picture disc throughout the world in various dates in November, with a B-side entitled "A Crippling Blow" and has already sold more than a million copies.

I gotto see the video first and was quite relieved 2 see that they had taken a bath or something (remember Sam`s Town)and shaved some of their dirty psychedelic furs to be more human.Well the video is directed by Daniel Drysdale and filmed at Goblin Valley State Park, Utah.
And talking about the lyrics, there has been considerable confusion and debate over the line "Are we human or are we dancer?" in the song's chorus. Many have incorrectly heard "denser" instead of "dancer", a change which significantly alters the interpretation of the song's meaning. On the band's official website, the biography section states that Flowers is singing "Are we human, or are we dancer?" and also says that the lyrics were inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S.Thompson creator of Gonzo journalism and Fear and Laothing in Las Vegas fame. He is also infamous for his use of mind-altering substances, firearms and iconoclastic contempt for authority.To quote some mainstream mags, Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch section called this line the "silliest lyrics of the week". They were puzzled by the interpretation, stating "most dancers are generally human".Ganz with Rolling Stone called the line "classic Killers' nonsense.
But them in an interview with Rolling Stone, Flowers himself had to say that he was irritated over the confusion: "It's supposed to be a dance song,(the beat) goes with the chorus...If you can't put that together, you're an idiot. I just don't get why there's a confusion about it."
Lyrics.....
I did my best to notice
When the call came down the line
Up to the platform of surrender
I was brought but I was kind
And sometimes I get nervous
When I see an open door
Close your eyes
Clear your heart...
Cut the cord

Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancer?

Pay my respects to grace and virtue
Send my condolences to good
Give my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could
And so long to devotion
You taught me everything I know
Wave goodbye
Wish me well..
You've gotta let me go
By the way, i tried to crack the chords and i guess it is just a simple A# with a repeated D# and F riff, which is the way i play synthesizer songs on the guitar coz i don't own any Keys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right On, Flowers Idiosyncrasy is just unbelievable, but then that's what Genius` are....